1. Love Paws must’ve taken cues from recent headlines touting the advantages of pet massage. Fortunately, they’ve created an easy-to-use device which requires minimal effort from the masseuse! Made of flexible yellow plastic, this hand-held massager fits atop your fingers and allows the user to adjust pressure put on your cat or dog (or horse or elephant for that matter). Ashley Judd and Edie Falco can attest to the holistic benefits and pure pleasure it provides to their pets! $10.00; www.everythingforlove.com.
2. Kittypod Form and function unite with the ultimate feline dwelling. The Kittypod is a fashionable haven for felines which fits right in with modern décor! Furniture designer Elizabeth Paige Smith found that her kitty went kooky for a chair she constructed from a durable corrugated material. That reaction, combined with the visual of a baby’s bassinet, inspired her to construct this modernist contoured perch. The Kittypod can be purchased for $240.00; www.epsdesign.com.
3. y.u.m. glow doggie candle The Y.U.M. Glow Doggie Candle eliminates pet odors and warms any room with naturally-derived herbs and oils. Organic lavender and lemon provides aromatherapeutic mood enhancement for both you and your pup! Indigo Wild’s entire range of goodies is based on earth-friendly ingredients, and this 8-ounce scent-sensation is 100% vegan. $15.00; www.indigowild.com.
4. lulu guinness Lulu Guinness’ umbrellas are a sure bet to add a touch of sunshine to the comparative gloom of rain or snow. Tested on the mean streets of New York, we were fashionably shielded from an exceptionally stormy evening. The range of umbrellas, featuring Scotties and cats (themes which recur in Lulu’s ultra-chic handbags), are sturdy and compact, yet delightfully feminine. A favorite of Elizabeth Hurley and Bjork, this fashion-forward designer allows for an animated twist to a classic foundation. $28.00; Neiman Marcus and Anthropologie stores.
5. flip’s mints We haven’t met a dog who hasn’t flipped out for Flip! This purveyor of interactive luxury commodities has written a recipe for fun. “Flip’s Mints” and “Canine Catering” kits come with pre-mixed ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions for baking fresh and yummy snacks for your pup. Fun and flavorful, even Emeril would be impressed. $12.00; Ricky’s stores nationwide.
6. cellbaby There’s often a fine line between cute and just plain silly. Cellbaby hopes you’ll choose the former when it comes to their new mobile phone covers. Bobby the Bulldog, Daphne the Duck, and dozens of their friends disguise themselves as soft and cuddly phone cases – with separate styles to accommodate all types of mobile models. If it’s too goofy for you, these barnyard cuties could easily double as hand puppets. $12.95 plus $4.95 for shipping; www.cellbaby.com.
7. PJ Salvage PJ Salvage’s cotton flannel pajamas are so comfortable you’ll want to stay in them all day. Polar bears, reindeer, and other critters adorn these two-piece lounge sets for men and women. You’ve seen them on shows like Friends, Dawson’s Creek, and The West Wing. Offscreen, Sharon Stone, Britney Spears, and the Osbournes love these lightweight and warm PJs! $54.00; www.pjsalvage.com.
8. benefit kitten If you prowl all night and nap all day, BeneFit’s “Kitten” line of sparkling body powders will make sure you reveal your inner-shimmer on the outside! Kitten sparkles in Paris with a silvery-lilac finish, and when in New York City, Kitten shimmies in a coppery-pink tint. Application is foolproof since the powder is actually inside the velvety puff. $24.00; www.sephora.com.
9. doggie diary Do you worry like mad when you are apart from your little one? The Doggie Diary can help. With room to write all of your baby’s likes, dislikes, habits and routines, you can feel better about those few times that you have to be separated from your furry bundle of joy. $9.95; www.doggiediary.com.
10. zoo york Tons of great images are packed into this little book. It’s a New York animal lover’s delight! Zoo York includes some traditional and some non-traditional fauna of the Big Apple. We especially like the pig being walked in front of Lincoln Center and the monkey peering around the corner in the subway. $20.00; available at Barnes and Noble in NYC or at www.bn.com.