Happy Mother’s Day! Moms around the world are dreaming of delicious barbecue, reclining chairs, the latest bestselling novel, and a moment of leisure. While any mom can expect a new necklace, a homemade card, or the latest ‘it’ gadget, those special mothers who do double duty as pet parents should look forward to an extra helping of puppy love. This Mother’s Day, Animal Fair Media presents five pawsitively perfect ways that man’s best friend can give back to dear old mom. So sit! Stay! Perk up your furry ears, because this one’s for you Fido!
1. Don’t Wake Mom – It’s 6AM, the sun is rising and you’re ready for your morning walk. On any other day your first recourse should obviously be to scramble into bed and start nudging your mom awake. Nature calls, and you have to go! Besides, everyone knows that the early dog catches the squirrel! As much as you want to wake your Mom up, remember that this is her special day. Go ahead, let him sleep in and have Mom, or better yet your brother and sister, take up the leash and enjoy a stroll through the sweet morning air. And when you get back, feel free to jump into bed (if your parents allow that sort of thing) and give your mom some special slept-in snuggles.
2. Chew Not the Shoe that Walks You – Nothing smells more enticing than Mom’s freshly shined leather shoes. You know that these loafers are not meant for consumption, but sometimes you just can’t help but throw caution to the win and go for the chew. Better chew now and look adorably guilty later, right? Wrong! Mom works hard for the kibble and just because her shoes have a tongue, it doesn’t mean they’re looking for a kiss.
3. Be A Super Sous-Chef – Mom loves your canine company, so stick by her side while she grills (be sure to compliment her new utensils and general barbeque mastery). This being Mother’s Day and all, you might as well be on your best behavior. Don’t beg for a burger or howl for a hotdog, instead be a patient pup. There might even be a treat in it for you later! If you’re feeling extra industrious put yourself on clean-up duty and be sure to pick up any scraps that Mom drops. Cleanliness is next to “Dogliness”, you know.
4. Be A Furry Fan – No matter what gets your Mom’s tail wagging, make sure to jump off the dog bed and join her! Does your Mom go crazy for a TV show? Find out her favorite, bark when she cheers, and whine when she groans. Show her that you’re on the same page, especially if she’s rooting for the underdog! Does Mom go gaga (not the Lady) for golfing? Offer to be her caddy, or if you think that you’re up to it, try your paws at driving the golf cart. If all else fails just fetching rogue balls should warrant some appreciation. Does your mother enjoy the finer things in life? Howl along with her favorite show tunes, or maybe offer your services as a truffle-hunting hound! Our moms are diverse and it’s our doggie duty to indulge their interests.
5. Give Plenty of Puppy Love – Whether you’re a stubborn St. Bernard, a pampered poodle, or a manic mutt, show your mom that you’re there to give her the unconditional love, loyalty, and a bond otherwise known as Puppy Love. It may be a Dog’s World, but for at least this one day, between you and me, let’s pretend that it’s a Mom’s World, and send some extra affection her way.
*Editor’s Note: These tips need not be exclusively implemented on Mother’s Day and are applicable every day of the year to any member of your family!
For the Best that Pet Lifestyle and Animal Welfare has to offer follow Wendy Diamond on Facebook, Twitter, and right here at AnimalFair.com!