The ruff economy is causing people to forfeit their beloved animals to shelters. Animal shelters across the country are being flooded with abandoned animals. If you love animals, and you want to help your local shelter, follow these tips to forever help a homeless animal.
1. Everyday items! Before throwing anything out, think if it could be of use to an animal shelter. An old blanket in the loft, newspapers piled high in the garage, or even tennis balls left over from that unsuccessful attempt to be the next Roger Federer, would be welcome. Even an old car sitting in the driveway or left over string to make a cat toy.
2. Time! The priceless commodity of all. If you have a few hours to spare, instead of being a couch potato watching Real Housewives, why not go down to your local animal shelter and help out by playing with the pets or walking a dog. You can even host your own fundraising event, such as a garage sale.
3. Donate publicity! Make good use of all those friends you’ve collected online and raise awareness to get more volunteers and promote animal safety. Instead of driving your friends crazy by poking them on Facebook, why not use the site’s new applications for raising money and awareness for animals.
4. Donate your voice! Dogs don’t bark back or cats meow, thankfully. So they need our help to voice their concerns. Contact local officials to campaign for animal rights or voting on pro-animal welfare legislation, you can make a difference.
5. Donate monetarily! Animal shelters are always in need of extra funds, and don’t forget they’re tax deductible! But there are now more ways than every to make a monetary contribution, whether it’s cash, stock, work programs, insurance or special programs like Giving Works on EBay. You can even donate your timeshare to the Humane Society if you’re not using it!
For the Best that Pet Lifestyle has to offer follow Wendy Diamond on Facebook, Twitter, and right here at AnimalFair.com!