In continuation with the celebrations of love following Valentine’s Day, happy Love Your Pet Day! This is the day to shower our dogs, cats, birds, fish, rabbits, and all of our other pets with the love and attention that we so impetuously forget to give them daily. So as soon as you’re done reading this, go and give your pooch a smooch!
Here are some fun ideas about how to spend the holiday with your bundle of joy:
1. Give them extra attention (make them feel special): On most days, we miss out on spending quality time with our beloved pets, take specific time out today to give your buds the attention that they deserve!
2. Shower them with hugs, kisses and oodles of love:
3. Give them a special treat:
4. Take them out for a new, scenic walk (preferably somewhere that will make them curious enough to explore and have fun simultaneously)
5. Give them new toys (or DIY if you’re creative!): Most pet stores sell fun stuffed toys that almost any animal would enjoy playing with. Any pup would jump for joy with a new chew toy!
If you don’t have a pet to shower with kisses and presents, you don’t have to be left out of this holiday; there are numerous ways that one can get involved and appreciate the animals around us. Adopt a furry buddy or volunteer at your local animal shelter and show the animals that you care!
Happy Love Your Pet Day!