The holidays are here, and Animal Fair Media’s Baby Hope wants to share two of her favorite dishes! It’s her Chanukah and Christmas treat and gift to all the dogs out there that like special dishes and support animal rescue throughout the year, just like she does! Enjoy!
Baby Hope’s Delish Holiday Dish
Yields 2 to 4 servings, depending on size of dog
• 3 pounds minced chicken meat (replace with tofu for the vegetarian dog)
• 2 1/2 cups minced carrots and celery
• 3 1/2 cups rice
• 6 1/2 cups water
• Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.
• Reduce heat to medium and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
• Cool completely and serve.
• Store covered in refrigerator.
Baby’s Biscuit Dog Treat
Yields 18 servings
• 1 tablespoon (or 1 package) dry yeast
• 3 1/2 cups lukewarm chicken or meat broth
• 3 1/2 cups unbleached flour
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 1 cup cornmeal
• 1/2 cup skim milk powder
• Preheat oven to 300°F.
• Dissolve the yeast in broth and set aside for 10 minutes.
• Combine the unbleached flour, whole wheat flour, cornmeal, and milk powder in a large bowl. Add the broth and mix until a dough has formed.
• Roll out dough on a flat, clean floured surface until it is 1/4 inch thick.
• Cut holiday shapes from the dough and place on greased cookie sheets.
• Bake for 45 minutes.
• Allow biscuits to harden overnight.