We all know how awesome it is to have your furry friend cuddle with you at night, but when it’s time to break bad habits is your Puppy Palace Ready? Here’s some late night tips to get you through the night!
- A “Puppy Palace” a.k.a your dog’s crate or sleeping bed is highly important to a good nights rest for you and your dog. For a first timer, offering a warm blanket and a quiet area to lay their head is essential to ensuring your furry friend is as comfortable as ever.
2. Please ensure that the heating cord is placed outside of your dogs sleeping crate so that he/she does not chew on it and safety is ensured! If you want your dog to sleep in a crate, but he isn’t crate-trained it may take some time to get him used to the crate.
3. Even though it’s bed time is your dog really tired? Make sure your furry friend has received plenty of exercise prior to his/her bedtime. A walk before bedtime is a great way to ensure a good night’s sleep for the both of you.
4. Feed your puppy at the same time in the evening, followed by that trip outside 15-20 minutes later to help your puppy understand end of day rituals that lead to getting to sleep at home.
5. Whether your puppy is new to your home or new to his own bed it may take a few days (and nights) to adjust to the new household and routine. Set ground rules to create a good routine!
Happy sleeping! We hope that the above tips and tricks work for getting your furry little friend a good night’s rest.