- Bathe your dog. Give your pup flea protection or frequent flea baths (especially after your dog comes home from a kennel surrounded by other pups).
- Frequently wash your hands thoroughly, especially after petting your animal.
- Buy your animal a bed of its own, a comfy bean bag, crate, or dog house with blankets. I assure you that your dog will still be comfortable. Just remember to wash the blankets frequently.
- Regularly see your Veterinarian – Keep up with your pets vaccinations and health care. (Check your pets feces for signs of intestinal parasites.)
- Give your dog heart worm medication (prevents worms from growing in your pet)
- Groom your pet regularly.
- Discourage your children from sleeping with their dog so they do not develop a habit.
- Although science is proving that you can’t sleep next to your furry companion, I am as healthy as ever sleeping with Baby Hope the last two months!