With the busy holiday season upon us, many pet parents are scrambling to find reliable pet care for their holiday travel. Finding a good pet sitter can be a difficult task as it is so easy for anyone to put up a flier and advertise pet-sitting services. Then, with the influx of pet-care directory sites popping up in recent years, more and more people are advertising pet-sitting services, with little to no experience. (So many people think if they “just love pets” they can be a pet sitter. Because of this, the search for reliable pet care can be very confusing!
Here are important questions you must ask when considering a pet sitter!
- Does the pet sitter have the proper business license for your city or state?
- Is the pet sitter insured and bonded?
- Can the pet sitter provide proof of clear criminal history?
- Does the pet sitter provide client references?
- Will the pet sitter use a pet-sitting services agreement or contract?
- Is the pet sitter a Certified Professional Pet Sitter (CPPS) and/or has he or she participated in pet-care training, such as pet first aid?
- Is the pet sitter a member of a professional and educational association, such as Pet Sitters International?
Happy Holidays and for more information on finding the purrfect pet sitter click here: www.petsit.com