Here is a glimpse of the hottest cruelty free Animal Fair ‘musts’ for the fall, courtesy of our Contributing Beauty Editor, Joanna Schlip!
1. This fall, cheeks are Coppers and Rose. I recommend Prescriptives “Mysticks” créme blushes in whirl or woman. The colors are long lasting and very easy to apply.
2. If your skin is dry and dull from all of your summer fun in the sun, rejuvenate it with Bibo’s “How Sweet It Is” sugar cane cleansing polish. Great for all types of skin. www.bibocosmetics.com.
3. Créme de la Mer is still my favorite. This sea kelp miracle is hand packed-with results! Available at Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.
4. We have to frame that beautiful face, now with sleek and straight locks. To get the curl out this fall, try Rusk’s hair iron!
5. Smoke Up Those Eyes. For fall it’s all about plums, forest greens and deep coppers. Bourjois Regard Shadows have the perfect shades and apply velvety-smooth. Try prune, majestueux or magnetique.
6. Don’t over tweeze. Fuller brows are back! For a new shape, seek out a pro. To maintain at home, get a great pair of tweezers from Tweezerman. Pull hairs out just as they pop through the skin.
7. High shine with lots of pigment. Check out lip colors from Duwop – they test on actors, not animals! Larkspur, nightshade and oleander are my favorite shades. They can be worn sheer or layered for more intensity. www.duwop.com.
8. Color is in. If you like liquid eyeliners, try Prescriptives “Inklings” in Mulberry. If you are partial to pencils, try “Eye Kohl Crayons” by MAC in Minted.
This fall, also try “Traceless” by Prescriptives (not shown)–the new skin-responsive tint that neutralizes visible imperfections. It adjusts to any type of light source and gives a flawless undetectable finish. Added bonus…SPF is already in it! And don’t forget–for long, thick, full lashes, curl first with a MAC eyelash curler, then apply Prescriptives “False Eyelashes Mascara” in black (not shown).
Remember: Makeup is an accessory. Have fun with it and don’t be afraid, you can always wash it off!