10 SIMPLE PRODUCTS FOR FACE AND BODY…
THE TWO MINUTE SUMMER MAKE UP
When truly rushed and want a natural sensational look for summer, at the beach, or during the day, these tips emphasize 3 important features of your face: the eyebrows, lips and cheekbones. These three areas make a total difference in how you look.
Begin with a clean moisturized face. Next, brush eyebrows with a thin roller brush. Then define with LORACS BROW WAX. It enhances the shape of your brows while conditioning and holding them in shape. Apply with a thin well-defined eyebrow brush for a perfect contour line. This brow wax leaves eyebrows dramatic, yet natural and is very easy to maneuver. (Total time 1 minute.)
Next line lips with I NUOVI LIP PENCIL. This pencil provides accurate application and no sharpener is required. A variety of colors will easily match your lip tone. Apply the lip pencil then with your finger to avoid the lip line look, blend it to the center of the lip. For color apply SHU UEMERA ATELIER MADE LIP GLOSS. It’s soft and smooth on the lips yet not too shiny.
(Total time 45 seconds)
Finish with LORAC’s SHEER WASH, a great makeup invention. This liquid blush in an easy roll on applicator gives a wash of color and lets your natural skin show through – very important when applying makeup. Apply sparingly to the apple of your cheeks and blend in. Carol Shaw, Lorac’s Founder, recommends these colors for your skin tone.
Sheer Magic-Bronze and Sheer Emotion-Rose (All skin types)
Sheer Rapture-Plum (The best on light to medium olive skin)
Sheer Ecstasy-Wine (The best on olive and black skin)
(Total time 15 seconds)
HAIR AND MAKEUP ARTISTS SHARE THEIR SUMMER BEAUTY TIPS:
Three superb hair and makeup artists share their knowledge for summer beauty. Joanna Schlip’s makeup work is seen on models in Vogue, Bazaar, Vanity Fair and on Laura Linny; Agostina, makeup artist for several super models including Laetitia Costa, Christy Turlington, and Naomi Campbell; and Charles Dujic, hairdresser who has worked with Catherine Zeta Jones, Sarah Michelle Geller and Shannon Elizabeth.
Joanna’s Summer Makeup Advice:
1. Sunscreen!—the best thing is to have it in your moisturizer so you don’t forget.
2. Use a bronzing gel or a tinted moisturizer for color in the face.
3. Stains are great for cheeks and lips. You get the color you desire and still maintain a sheer natural look.
4. Curl your lashes then apply waterproof mascara. Keeping with the trend…It’s going to be all about lashes and lips.
5. Try a cream eye shadow. It is easier to blend and is great for a slightly luminous look. Try to keep it sheer.
6. Only apply powder to the t-zone that way the rest of the face will glow.
7. To get a healthy glow on the skin use a luminizer on the body.
8. Keep eyebrows well groomed, not over-plucked.
9. Eye liner – use a waterproof pencil.
H2O SPA has useful products with lightweight packaging perfect for traveling.
H2O Spa “SMOOTHING MINT FOOT RUB” …an energizing treatment for tired feet. Invigorating balm, mint and cooling menthol massages away tension and dryness. Rub this on your feet and in between your toes before bed or in the morning for all day therapy.
H2O Spa “LOOFAH BODY SCRUB”…a refreshing end to a day of outdoor activities. Its luxurious scent cleans sweat and suntan lotion from the body. A sea-inosured exfoliator removes surface impurities and dead skin cells. This product is like a loofah in a tube.
H2O Spa “PORE REFINING PEEL OFF MASK”…little time or money for a spa, treat yourself at home. This cooling translucent gel promotes pore tightening while removing impurities and dead surface skin cells.
PURE AND BASIC NATURAL SHIMMERING BODY LOTION….a gold or opalescent moisturizer that glitters in the sun. This fun and sexy lotion is available at health food stores, and is enriched with healthy ingredients.
YOUR FAVORITE SUMMER PERFUME…my Italian friend shared her secret. Skip sticky deodorants; spray your favorite perfume under your arms. The heat of summer heightens the scent. I have never gone back to deodorants since.
NARS BODY GLOW…. smells so delicious. Apply after the bath. During sun exposure apply to well tanned skin only and to refresh, soothe and intensify the tanned appearance of skin.
Charles’s Dujic’s Hair Tips for Summer:
“We know the sun’s damaging effect on our skin. The fact is, UV rays can dry out and damage your hair as well. If hair has been chemically treated with colorings, relaxers, or perms it is more susceptible to sun damage. The sun can fade or strip hair coloring from your hair. This summer protect your hair while out in the sun. Bumble and Bumble’s product “Sun Spray” is a sunscreen for hair. You just spray it on! Another option if spending a day at the beach is to bring a tube of “Nexxus Humectress” conditioner and put it in your damp hair while in the sun. The sun’s heat helps penetrate the conditioning agents into your hair but also has a sunscreen for your hair built right in.
“Besides sun, chlorine and salt water can wreak havoc on hair as well. “Swimmers hair” in which a greenish tint is apparent in hair, can come from frequent swimming in chlorinated water. “Nexxus” makes 2 products to clarify your hair, “Aloe Rid,” a gentle clarifying shampoo for use after swimming to cleanse the hair from chemical impurities (use as a preventative measure to keep hair free of chemical buildup), and a product called “Aloe Rid Deep Clarifying Solution” which can be used to correct an existing problem with “swimmers hair”. These two products can also be used to reverse styling product build up on hair, or any other environmental pollutants or water mineral buildup.”
Agositna’s Summer Makeup Suggestions:
1. Use a lip balm with sunscreen. For a hint of color use a tinted balm or apply a touch of lipstick before the balm.
2. Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before going outside to face and body (the sun goes through your clothes). Reapply every 2 to 3 hours and after swimming or exercising.
3. For blemishes, cover with a clear drying lotion. An oil-free or water-based formula will make breakouts less likely. Reapply every 2 to 3 hours and after swimming and exercising.
4. Tint your lashes or use waterproof mascara (this way you don’t have to worry about the mascara running due to the heat.)
5. For face color brush on a little bronzer or a sunny blush color across the tops of your cheeks and nose.
6. Exfoliate before using self-tanners. It helps the tan last longer and the color come up more evenly.
7. Moisturize after exposing your skin to the sun. If sun burned, apply lotions that will heal the skin. Not allowing the skin to breath causes the skin to continue to burn.
– Chantal Cloutier
Cloutier Agency for Hair, Makeup and Stylists.
10 SUMMER BEAUTY BAG MUSTS:
1. H2O SPA LOOFAH BODY SCRUB… a loofah in a tube.
2. H2O SPA SMOOTHING MINT FOOT RUB…reflexology in a tube.
3. H2O SPA PORE REFINING PEEL OFF MASK… for an at home facial.
4. PURE AND BASIC NATURAL: SHIMMERING BODY LOTION
5.YOUR FAVORITE SUMMER PERFUME
6. NARS BODY GLOW
MAKEUP FOR “TWO” MINUTE MAKE OVERS
7. I NUOVI LIP PENCILS….no sharpener required.
8. SHU UEMURA LIP GLOSS…in glorious colors.
9. LORAC SHEER WASH FOR CHEEKS…with easy roll on applicator.
10. LORAC BROW WAX….for outstanding eyebrows.