In Honor of 9/11 – Donate $11 To Make A Veteran’s Dream Come True… @k9sforwarriors
They fought for our selflessly freedom and today we hope you help us fight for them! We hope this dream becomes a reality for a Veteran with PTSD ! If 1000 people donate $11.00 (or however much you can afford) we will save One Veteran And One Dog From Being Euthanized, we will announce which Veteran with PTSD will be blessed to go through the K9s For Warriors program because of your support!
Every hour, a veteran commits suicide according to the Department Of Veteran Affairs! Service dogs are a natural cure for PTSD! K9s For Warriors rescues dogs from shelters prior to being euthanized and trains them to be service dogs for veterans with PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury. It costs approximately $10,000 to graduate one veteran/canine team from the time the dog is accepted into training. This includes housing, feeding, and training with his veteran for three weeks. We hope you can donate $11 or what ever amount you can afford..
K9s For Warriors is 100% proven, transparent and successful! 94% of every dollar donated to K9s For Warriors goes directly to the Veteran & service dogs. Only 6% is used on fundraising and overhead. Shari Duval, the founder and Executive Director of K9s For Warriors takes no sala
- The cost of finding, evaluating the dogs.
- The cost of feeding them, lots of treats for training!
- The cost of professional trainers to work with the dogs training them to be full service dog & veterinary care while they are in the kennels
- Housing & Meals for the warriors while they complete their three weeks here at the K9s For Warriors campus, maintenance & food for the house.
- Equipment, specialty leashes, collopsable water bowl for their kit, service vest, etc.
- The van, gas & maintenance cost associated with taking the warriors into public spaces. After day 3 they are re-introduced back into civilian society and most of the training is out and about town.
- The final health check up and final veterinary visit. All dogs are spayed/neutered and micro-chipped before graduation and all shots are current and health verified before they go home with their new warrior.
- Office Staff to handle warrior applications & screenings and post graduation follow up.
- block- place themselves between their warrior and the approaching people to give their warrior additional personal space
- cover-face backwards and alert by wagging their tail if someone is approaching
- to react to anxiety/panic attacks and provide grounding/reassurance
- lap-to place their head, paw or entire upper body in their warriors’ lap on command
- assist with getting out of bed or chairs for mobility restricted warriors
- assist with stairs for balance challenged warriors
- assist with stability for balance/vertigo
- retrieval of a prostestic limb
- retrieval of a cane
- retrieval of a dropped item
- corner-go in front of the warrior and check around corners if someone is there alert by tail wag
They are also their new “battle buddy” in a combat zone you are never alone, you are always with you unit and the service dog gives them back a unit of two, they are never alone, plus a dog is always more vigilant than a person could ever be so it allows the warrior to let their guard down and let the dog “man the post”. They also focus so much on their dog and stop focusing on their own issues it is very healing.
Thanks to our generous sponsors, the tour will 100% benefit K9s For Warriors. Ellen DeGeneres’ pet food company, Halo, Purely for Pets knows that natural nutrition is imperative for service dogs (and all dogs) because it ensures a long, happy life with their parents, and are on board with supporting the K9s For Warriors Bark Breakfast Benefit Tour! American Express Open has partnered with us to empower and support Veteran small business owners. The Loews and Omni pet-friendly hotels are graciously providing the space for the Bark Business Breakfast, so we can gather, raise money, and get the bark out about K9s For Warriors!